Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back from Vacation

I just got back from a trip to the land of my youth - Cape Cod. My sister Melanie(in the middle shown with birthday cake and confetti, since it was her 30th birthday) and our friend Laura and I all drove from Minnesota to the Cape. Laura is shown with a camera and cheeseburgers and I have my Bag O' Wicked Awesome Stuff (yes, I did quite a bit of shopping) and an ice cream cone from Friendly's (my favorite ice cream chain back east).

We spent lots of time at the beach.......


....collected a lot of shells.....

....and visited our old childhood street (from which this blog got its name).

4 comments:

Laura Nelson said...

You may have made some wicked awesome purchases but I ate some wicked awesome cheeseburgers!!!!!!!!!

Laura Nelson said...

I will tell you something: I just hopped over here to leave a comment on your post. Then I clicked on comments and saw I already had! I guess that's why they call me Goofer.

grubekl said...

What a cool trip! How's the old neighborhood doing? And do dish more about your wicked good purchases.

grubekl said...

Also, the latest Martha Stewart Living magazine has a substantial article about shell artists. Turns out their artwork is very, very cool. I think you'd be inspired :)