Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cookie Mix in a Jar

We had a bake sale at work to raise money for our office fun committee. I brought these cookie mixes in addition to some cupcakes and brownies. I'm not going to put the recipe here because I didn't change it at all from this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cowboy-Cookie-Mix-in-a-Jar/Detail.aspx. I thought the cookies it made were really good and not dry as some of the reviewers thought. I made some of the cookies to sell so people could get a taste before buying the jar.

We had a huge turnout of both bakers and customers for the sale. We raised over $400 and gave 10% of that to Second Harvest Heartland to help fight hunger in the Upper Midwest (http://www.2harvest.org/). It's always so satisfying when I put a lot of work into planning an event and it goes as well as I'd hoped. I'm happy that it went well and I'm happy that it's over!

3 comments:

Laura Nelson said...

Hooray for your bake sale!
Also hooray for that cookie mix in a jar!

grubekl said...

Brad has a very good friend who works as the IT guy for 2Harvest (in fact, he designed its website and all that jazz).

Glad to hear it went so well. That's really quite unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

I was searching on the web for prices for jar mixes. I have a variety of mixes from soups, brownies to drink mixes. How did you figure your prices? Can you help me at all? You can contact me personally at countrylighthouse@afo.net Thanks for your help. ~~Mabel