Monday, August 3, 2009

Library Books

I've always been a big reader but haven't always had a great selection to choose from. In high school, our town had a tiny library that was only open during the day on weekdays. I read anything - school assignments, my grandmother's Louis L'amour collection, the shampoo bottle. In college, I didn't have much time for recreational reading and the non-academic book selection in the library was abysmal, anyway.

The Minneapolis libraries are like an all-you-can-eat buffet to me (better, actually, because there isn't any mystery meat and big vats of mayonnaise-drenched vegetables, blegh. So, maybe more like a make your own sundae bar!) I'm not sure what I'm going to feel like reading any given week so I try a little bit of everything. My eyes are bigger than my stomach (er, my books are bigger than my book bag?)

The other great thing about the library is that it helps me curb any online shopping urges. Instead, I got over to the library website and reserve a bunch of books and dvds. I get the same feeling of anticipation waiting for it to come in to my local branch and also can pay my rent each month (always a bonus).




No comments: