Monday, August 10, 2009

Zucchini Fritters


I couldn't quite find a recipe that worked for me on the web so I took a little bit from lots of recipes. These would probably be tastier if fried (what isn't really? I mean, you can improve oreos by deep-frying them and who woulda thought you could improve oreos?), but I cooked them in a non-stick pan to keep them as healthy as possible.

Zucchini Fritters

1 large zucchini, shredded (about a cup or a little more)
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
1 small onion, diced or 1/2 cup green onions
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 large eggs
1 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
salt & pepper to taste

milk (optional)

Beat eggs lightly in a bowl. Add zucchini, carrot, onion, and basil. Add flour and mix until all the vegetable mixture is coated in flour. The mixture should form a ball that sticks together easily but isn't too wet. If too dry, add some milk. If too wet, add a little more flour. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Drop a tablespoon of mixture into skillet. Squish down to flatten and cook until browned.

I served mine with a peanut sauce (peanut butter + curry paste) and a plum sauce (plum jelly, soy sauce, red pepper flakes) for dipping.

No comments: