Friday, January 22, 2010

Done!

Well, my knife cut practical is done and so are the first three weeks at Le Cordon Bleu. I know that knife skills are important for anyone in the industry, but there's a reason I'm in Patisserie and Baking and not the culinary side! I just managed to get everything done in the 1 hour 15 min time frame. Unfortunately, I did cut myself in the last three minutes while trying to get my parsley finely minced. I'm proud that I didn't let that stop me; I threw out the product, took care of the cut, cleaned and sanitized, and got more product. Still finished in time, too! Yay!

So, now I'm done with the basic cooking and sanitation part of our program. Next week starts basic baking skills - cookies, biscuits, and the like. Now, that's more my style :)

Below is a pic of my battle wounds.......

No comments: