Friday, February 15, 2013

Cat Shortbread Cookies

I made these cat cookies using some of the dough I had from the "Broken Heart Cookies" from my last post. Aren't they cute? I love their expressions! They look very distrustful. You could make them more cheerful if you mad an upturned mouth and made sure their eyes are even.

I used a cat face cookie cutter that I had from a Halloween set, but you could use a circle cutter and then just add little triangle ears. The inside of the ears, the whites of the eyes and the muzzle are all melted white chocolate chips (piped on from a trusty and easy-to-make parchment cone). I sprinkled some pink sprinkles on the ears and added a heart-shaped sprinkle for the nose. The eyes are mini chocolate chips. The mouth and whiskers were drawn with a food marker but you could use a small paint brush and some black food coloring. Or pipe them with dark chocolate!

No comments: