Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday but No Watercolor

No new watercolor today but here's a sneak peak of my pop-up book that I'm working on. The theme of the book is "things that sound better in French".
Parapluie sounds so much better than umbrella, I think!

And here's a shot of a cake I made for the work folks......


...and here is the beautiful scarf that my friend Laura made for me! I will say that I have been waiting for it to be done for quite a while, but it was well worth the wait. I love the colors and it is very warm and soft. I'm looking forward to wearing it tomorrow during my walk to the train.

2 comments:

Laura Nelson said...

Hooray!
Your book is coming along nicely!
That cake looks wonderful and delicious!
I hope the scarf is what you wanted. I think that yarn was a good choice.

grubekl said...

I wonder how "things that sound better in German" would work out....it'd probably have to be filled with French cognates!