Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

Frankly, Thanksgiving is not one of my favorite holidays. This is especially true now that I am trying to eat fewer carbs! Here are some pics from this Thanksgiving, though. I made the pumpkin soup above with chicken stock, some sauteed garlic and onions,pumpkin puree, chinese five spice powder and smoked paprika. I was hoping it would be smoother but it tasted good - especially with real bacon and toasted pumpkin seeds as a garnish.
Our centerpiece! Yes, this tree probably looks familiar from Halloween. We didn't have a cornucopia handy and had a leaf theme going on with the other serving pieces so decided to go with it.
Last, here's a pic of the pumpkin spice cupcakes I made for my friend's birthday. I used a different recipe but you could use the quick bread recipe from my previous post. They taste about the same. The cream cheese frosting is what makes these cupcakes extra awesome, of course.

No comments: