Thursday, July 9, 2009

An new planter and some random stuff

I found this old toy truck at a yard sale for two bucks. I didn't know exactly what I was going to do with it but knew it had potential. It originally had a cracked, yellowed plastic windshield so I pulled that off and sanded some of the rusty spots. I was going to paint it but now I can't decide because I like the rusty look, too. I think I'm going to use it for plants but pondering other ideas.
I couldn't resist sticking this nerdy elf (from Rudolph) in the driver's seat. It's maybe a little embarrassing how much time I spend playing with things, considering I don't have any kids.
In other news, I've become addicted to perusing the Tastespotting website. Have you checked it out? Lots and lots of gorgeous pics of food with links to the original blog post/recipe.

I found this local blog through Tastespotting:

I love the way mushrooms look. They are such a mystery to me. One day they just pop up out of nowhere. Why can't they be as tasty as they are pretty? I know, I know - lots of people like mushrooms. I just can't seem to get past the texture problem.
The chocolate bars below are a new-to-me find at Trader Joe's. They are both tasty and attractive (are you taking notes, Mushrooms?) Unfortunately, chocolate has really become a sometimes treat (as they would say on Sesame Street) now that I'm watching my diet and my budget. Lame.

No comments: