Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Farmers Market in the City

Last Thursday I walked over to the farmers market on Nicollet Mall during my lunch. It was a beautiful, sunny day so I took a few pictures as I went. The market season is winding down. The farmers look cold, bundled up against the wind. There are piles of gourds, pumpkins and squash everywhere. There are still some cold weather crops like potatoes, onions, garlic, some apples, and brussel sprouts. Winter is definitely on its way. There are more people taking the skyway to escape the chill and fewer food trucks parked in front of our building.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea brussel sprouts came like that. wow. Great pics Cherifh! hahaha

Emily said...

I grew Brussels sprouts a couple of years ago and they are so cool looking. They do this weird spiral thing. If I grew them, broccoli Romanesco, and kohlrabi it would look like an alien planet almost.