For these cookies, use the full-fat, salty peanut butter like Jif or Skippy. Natural peanut butter or low-salt will not work well. You may need to add some flour while rolling out the dough. We decorate with a simple buttercream (butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt beaten together).
Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
- Cream together peanut butter, butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add to wet mixture until well-combined.
- Refrigerate dough for atleast an hour before rolling out.
- Roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut shapes. Bake at 350F until edges of cookies are browned.
|Some of these cookies are upside down. Can you spot a snowman and a Christmas tree? How about a psychedelic flower?|
|My sister made this fox from a star cookie!|