Saturday, December 22, 2012

Easy Ginger Cookies


I made these chewy cookies last week - on a weeknight! That's how easy these come together. Normally, I don't do a ton of baking during the week because I have very limited time after work (and enjoy my beauty sleep). What's great about these cookies is that, unlike a lot of cookie recipes, the dough does not need to be refrigerated before baking.  I modified the recipe at the link below by adding a teaspoon of ground ginger, reducing the nutmeg to 1/4 teaspoon and rolling the dough in turbinado sugar instead of regular white sugar. I love the crunch of the turbinado! These cookies keep quite well for several days as long as you keep them in an airtight container.

http://www.marthastewart.com/341117/chewy-molasses-spice-cookies

No comments: