Sunday, December 16, 2012

Recycled Paper Snowflakes


Did you make paper snowflakes when you were a kid? I don't really remember making them but I'm pretty sure we only had those crappy safety scissors with rounded tips (except my mom's sewing scissors which were absolutely off limits, as I recall). Anywho, every time I've tried to make them as an adult they've never really turned out right.

I decided to give it another whirl this year and made these snowflakes out of old magazines. I have LOTS of old magazines and might have a slight magazine-hoarding problem. I have issues (get it? "issues"!). I made four snowflakes from each page and strung them on embroidery floss. These are very simple to make but take time. You can make them while watching tv!

If you need a little help, here's a link with some snowflake patterns:

http://www.designingmyho.me/pt/?id=29420


No comments: