Wednesday, August 29, 2012

State Fair Cupcake: Cotton Candy

Another State Fair post!

Ah, the smell of the fair!  Mostly fried food of every possible kind (deep-fried butter is the craziest, in my opinion) with the occasionaly whiff of manure from the animal barns. The smell that instantly transports me, though, is the sweet smell of cotton candy! So delicious! Although I'm not a big fan of the taste of cotton candy (pure sugar), I admit it fascinates me. That melt-in-your-mouth texture combined with the beautiful pink or blue fluffiness of it..so tempting. So festive!

Anyway, for this cupcake, I topped a funfetti cupcake (I added sprinkles to vanilla batter) with a some cotton candy attached to a striped candy stick. I got the cotton candy from Target (love that it is called Fluffy Stuff). As long as it isn't too humid outside, the cotton candy toppers hold up for several hours.

No comments: