Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana Bonanza

*this is a pic of nanerpus from Denny's. Please note - my bananas don't have googly eyes...or mustaches


I have a bonus bunch of bananas just sitting on my counter, crying out to be used up. Chef was going to throw out the overripe bananas, those too mushy for fruit tarts (or put them in the piggy bucket, which is what we usually do with edible scraps) and I volunteered to find them a more suitable home. Imagine wasting beautiful overripe bananas like that.

Anywho, I'm thinking of making this banana "ice cream" from the link below. Has anyone ever tried it? Or there's always the good old standby of banana bread, but that's a little tougher given the bareness of our cupboard right now (see yesterday's post if you don't know what I mean.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

They call me Nanerpus, Nanerpus and guess what I love pancakes.

Not sure if those are the actual words but that's how I sing it. MY FAVORITE COMMERCIAL EVER.